The Mission Committee at Mary Taylor Memorial United Methodist Church is dedicated to supporting those in need locally and globally.
Want to help?
On-going projects sponsored by Missions
- Food collection and paper goods for Beth-El Shelter
- Pet food collection for Milford Animal Shelter
- Dental supply drive for Appalachia
- Socks for seniors for Beth-El Center
- School supplies and Christmas gifts for Boys and Girls Village in Milford
- Supporting Food2Kids, a local Milford Charity providing low income children in Milford
MTMUMC is one of over 60 member congregations of CCGB, and is one of 10 Methodist affiliated member congregations. The Council of Churches is a faith-based, non-sectarian social services agency dedicated to meeting the needs of people at risk and breaking the cycle of poverty and crisis in the Greater Bridgeport area.
MTMUMC supports the Council of Churches with representation at CCGB meetings, monetary donations, advocacy and participation in events throughout the year. See below for opportunities to get involved.
Crop Hunger Walk Kick off Rally: March 29 @ 2PM;
Crop Hunger Walk: May 3 @ 1:30PM
Spring Fling fundraiser at Downtown Cabaret Theatre: April 30, 2020
New York Annual Conference Disaster Response
The role of disaster response recovery teams is to provide permanent repair/rebuild within disaster affected communities. While teams often require specialized skills, we encourage a holistic approach to recovery.
The NYAC supports the following disaster response efforts:
Puerto Rico – Hurricane Maria
Bahamas – Hurricane Dorian
Domestic Disaster Response